On 8th July 2012 we will be undertaking a 10 day cycle along the length Ireland, hugging the western coast line for 1000 km. We are doing this for the David Ashwell Foundation. Welcome to our Journey...

Saturday 7 July 2012

For Scott and Zac

I received this email a couple of days ago. It feels strange for people to thank us for this challenge. It's is also strange to think that I would much rather to cycle in cold and rain than in 40+ degrees Celsius. Scotland has changed me!


Hi Serena,
My name is Scott Melvin and I, like Amelia, Simon and unfortunately alot of parents also suffered the loss of a child from ACD.  Being medically trained this was especially difficult due to the fact that I lecture on Pediatric Pulmonary disorders. I also have done fundraisers in aid of ACD through endurance events and am 3 weeks away from completing my 1st Ironman in Canada. I appreciate the sacrifice made to train for endurance events, our circumstances are not that dissimilar; you fight the elements like cold, wind and rain w here I endure 40+ degrees celcius as I live and train in the Middle East. I just wanted to wish you and Andrew well and thank you from the bottom of my heart for tackling this daunting task in aid of ACD, your generosity is very much appreciated. Again good luck, and thank you.
sincerely,
 
Scott Melvin R.R.T.
Neonatal/Pediatric Instructor
and most importantly, Zac's dad

No comments:

Post a Comment